View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 05:52 AM   #115
Daigoro

Default Re: [GAME] Synthesise a Cybercity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
No one said the OTEC actually had to be efficient... but as you said, the same result. I actually specified the tropics back in post 3.
I guess at higher latitudes they would've gone for some different energy system, wind and waves perhaps, or just more reliance on nuclear. As for efficiency, I've got a few ideas about that for a possible infrastructure post.

Quote:
The plastic was harvested from the Gyre, but it could have been transported to any number of places, though I suspect the journey would have stayed in the same ocean.
Ah, that's a point. I'd been picturing the plastic collection as an ongoing process, with long boom traps extending out from the OTEC platforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The timeline post has been awesome. It really helps keep track of everything. I think we're discovering that summary posts like that really extend the activity on these projects.
It's interesting to note that Musa was born before the invention of air travel, suggesting that it's retarded in comparison to organic AI and computing.
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!

Last edited by Daigoro; 01-23-2021 at 06:13 AM.
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote