View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 05:36 AM   #325
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Having no desire to eat more of the gruel, Day stops talking with Pothi and faces forward, although he continues to assess the situation. How many of the security detail are still in the room versus giving chase? Was the laser fire directed at someone?
Daymar has no way to tell who or what the laser fire was directed at, nor if it hit. Though continued fire and other reactions will shortly tell him more about that.

Of the 10 original security, six have left to chase the runner. The other four are posted up at the doors.

The room has fallen silent, with most people looking at the NCO, though glances continue to be thrown about the room to see what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Onto really bad ideas then:
-> Would there be some kind of penalty to a ridiculously bold-faced lie (i.e. not knowing why there's a biscuit in my uniform, Botha put it there, etc.)
-> Obviously, Botha would catch me if I tried to slip the biscuit back onto my plate. Could I try to filch a biscuit off of Botha's plate and onto mine?
-> Do the utensils include a knife, and if so, is it really sharp?
Bold faced lies: at this point, its her word against yours, plus the evidence of the biscuit. Her credit with authority is probably higher than yours at the moment. You'd need to undermine her position in some way, but a bold-faced lie is a fairly good tactic.

Right now Botha is watching you like a hawk, and isn't going to let you move your arms around, which you'd need to filch something or move it around. She's backed up by a growing portion of the room. You'd need a pretext for moving your arms around.

There is a metal knife handy. I wouldn't call it sharp, let alone really sharp, but neither would I want a special forces operator to stick me with it. Though I don't know if you can take the entire mess before security shows up. The living quarters are not good places for running, and yours is particuarly isolated: the only way out of the compartment is down.

I think each "bad idea" could work with a little more creative leveraging of elements already in play

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote