View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 07:17 AM   #149
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
I intended all of those rolls to take place Tuesday night, when he was showing off his Palmistry hookum. The rolls for Wednesday and Thursday I was going to do separately.

hmm... That is indeed what you said. I read it wrong.

You will need to hit each of the breakfast, lunch, and dinner cooks in the hours when they are on duty rather than at night.

We can apply the failed roll to a table buddy or to a pair of chefs. you can choose.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------'
Hua is among the first to react to the alarms, and gets one of the coveted fire suits. On her way to the fire, she spots Botha, who is looking around, presumably for Hua. In the fire gear, Hua isn't going to be recognizable.

The sprinklers are properly down in the food compartment, but on in life support. Life support also has the ship's water tanks and recovery system, as well as tanks for generating oxygen. Even with fire gear, its not safe to just go in and look at the blaze. Unlike many ship fires, this one has actual smoke from some of the food going up. Even though the sprinklers in the life support compartment protect the CO2 scrubbers and storage tanks, the hydrogen storage compartments still burn. Foam is sprayed into the brick compartments, hoping to deprive them of oxygen. Crackling pops are heard as the bricks destabilize and explode. Someone is trying to figure out why the sprinklers over the food storage haven't gone off yet.

The food hasn't had time to bake in the heat properly, but it is getting very scorched. Some people are busy trying to move particularly valuable or flammable goods out of the effected area, like hydrogen bricks on the outskirts of the area, laser chemical cartridges, and some of the more precious food (flour is not anywhere close to precious in this context).

Where will Hua try to get assigned?

Daymar was also on deck 19 when this all went down. What will he do when the fire alarms go off?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 09-25-2020 at 07:33 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote