View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #6
Dalillama

Default Re: Trinitite in Technomancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
[*]Trinitite might be a natural source of mana, capable of raising the mana level in any area it's brought to by a bit (this could be a full level, or you could subdivide it more finely, reducing the penalty for Low Mana by only -1, for instance, or, in normal mana areas, letting non-mages cast spells, but at -4).[*]You could play up the "transformation" element, and have it be a useful component in things that change one type of substance to another - natural Powerstones for Earth to Stone spells, for instance. Or maybe holding on to a chunk of it for long enough could actually transform a human into something like an earth elemental - a magical being with crystal flesh, gemstone eyes, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
I would expect that significant exposure to necromantically aspected glass would turn you into an Atomic Lich i.e. your flesh becomes as transparent as glass and you glow in the dark.
Possibly it enhances local mana, but eventually makes you a glowing radioactive crystal skeleton with a personal wild mana field.

Quote:
You'd never get a big enough piece of the stuff to make a Powerstone out of and that's _if_ you find some way to go digging under the still burning mushroom cloud at the site.
I'd use an Earth elemental, or maybe a titanium golem.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote