View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 12:17 PM   #30
Plane

Default Re: Confused by the FAQ on Afflictions

I'm not sure if you can even make the Advantage: X enhancement cheaper by adding Unconscious+Uncontrollable to the underlying advantage which determines its cost (points*10=%), for non-instant abilities which last MoF minutes. It almost seems like they would work that way by default?

I believe it says something like if the advantage is switchable, it remains switched on, not that the Afflictor can choose to switch it on and off at a whim (at best they could switch it off once via Cancellatio if they have that enhancement and hit you with the Cancellation Ray)

Flight is already switched on by default, I think, and enhancing it with switchability probably is pointless unless you were wanting some Temporary Disadvantages discounts.

The way non-beneficial Affliction works with advantages that are not instant or passive really needs some illustrative examples regarding who is in control, and how.

Maybe a good compromise would be that Air Move can only be utilized if BOTH the afflictor and the target take a Move maneuver in tandem, cooperatively?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote