View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #22
naloth

Default Re: Confused by the FAQ on Afflictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
Yes, there was a miscommunication, because that's not what I was saying at all. I agree that if an affliction is under the control of the afflictor, not the target, then the afflictor only gets to choose the inital "setting" of the advantage, and doesn't get ongoing control of it.
We seem to agree with that then.

Quote:
All of my arguments in this thread have been about how activating the afflicted advantage in the first place work - when the afflictor first puts Alternate Form/Shrinking/Flight/whatever on the target, what do they have to do. My point is simply that any activation restrictions on the advantage being afflicted must be paid by the afflictor, not the target.
In terms of fatigue and skill use I tend to agree. In term of maneuvers, I'm not sure it's worth singling out Shape-Shifting, especially since you have a very odd situation where the Affliction worked, but the activation turns were not spent. Besides, the enchancement Independent for a whopping 4 or 7 points (per level), makes more sense because the ability is running its course on its own anyway.

Last edited by naloth; 11-13-2018 at 03:52 PM.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote