View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 10:46 AM   #1
night-hunter

Default Loss of a Great GURPS GM

I must sadly report that Vance W. Terrell, my close friend and one of the best gamers in both GURPS and the former AD&D 3e, died on August 14th. He was 55, and had been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, and then apparently was attacked by an extremely rapidly developing cancer. His death was both very sudden and quite unexpected. He brought me into the RPG world back in 1984 under AD&D which he had begun playing soon after it first came out, and we switched to GURPS in 1988 shortly before 3e came out. As both a DM & GM his worlds were creative, entertaining, thought provoking, memorable fun, and never merely hack & slash, although there was sufficient combat. His campaigns ranged from the traditional Sword & Sorcery, through a Modern series based on Peter Saxon's Guardian series (The Killing Bone, Dark Ways of Death, The Haunting of Alan Mais, Vampires of Finistere & The Curse of Rathlaw), a late Victorian age "weird tales", to a far future "space marines rescue mission," and lately a Sword & Sorcery/Aliens mix set on an alternate Yurth. I and my gaming group will miss him greatly.
night-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote