Thread: Turning Undead
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #24
platimus

Default Re: Turning Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse11h View Post
Trying to add something to a game system that seems to have gone out of its way to deter it, is difficult. All I initially wanted to do was to try to find a way to play some of the abilities of a paladin or cleric in a game system I really enjoy. What I have now, thanks to the discussions on this forum feels better. I felt compelled to keep the Piety talent, just as a hook to hang the powers on and because I didn't want every holy fighter or whatever having to be a Priest just to get access to them.

The Avert spell ideas and the Remove Thrown Spell variants seem like they would duplicate the effects of Turning Undead and Disrupting Undead, but for me, somehow, they don't have the right feel. If I had thought more before I started dabbling, I might have stumbled on them and would feel differently. Now, I'm reluctant to just toss it all into the circular file.
I like what you're doing now that they are essentially spells. I liked your original approach to the Piety talent though (from an older thread). I don't like hanging the spells on it as I understand it here. I would suggest going back to your original Piety approach but "The Church" might use your piety level to determine what "holy spells" they will teach you. You can assign whatever IQ requirements you want to those "holy spells".