View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 02:40 PM   #3
Ronnyfire

Default Re: Questions about Warp shenanigans!

I do know about Tunnel for opening Portals, but it didn't fulfill the desires for a opening a portal that we had.
We wanted to be able to open a portal, of a shape desired, at a range.
Is there a better way to use tunneling for these? Because i cant see the reason to not just use wall.

As for the "Advantage: Warp" i figured you would pay for "Warp" and all its enhancements/limitations, get the cost and adjust the cost of Affliction as per the "Advantage" listing. Otherwise picking up things like reduced range on how far i can teleport things would effect how far away i could use my Affliction, but i only want to influence the teleport distance.
This is why i assumed i would buy selectivity under Warp AND under affliction if i wanted to be able to modify things under the warp advantage AND under the Affliction Advantage, even if warp is just a sub enhancement under Affliction

I should have added the prior sentence to the body sense roll on velocity change issue, and i will update the main post to fix the issue. But i don't know if this changes things.
"By default, users of Warp retain their velocity when teleporting."

I just find it hard to believe that a skill that is described as being able to "Adjust quickly to your surroundings" but doesn't actually change your position or posture at all (just negates a one round disorientation) would be able to change your velocity in any meaningful way.

My main concern about the portal blocking bullets and such is related to the "Inanimate Objects and Resistance" block in Psionic Powers, Any object passing thru the portal would get an HT roll vs my Will to resist being teleported.
That aspect seems complete and simple, its the placement of the portal exit being 100% accurate if you don't fail your warp roll that makes it seem insane, as the bullets retain their velocity, but teleport exactly where you want them, as long as your target is not moving i can't see any reason they wouldn't be hit.

Thank you for your reply, with it i am definitely seeing my error now in how i read the body sense paragraph, but i now question the "Rules as written" as compared to what i think their intent is.
Ronnyfire is offline   Reply With Quote