View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 12:38 AM   #3
Darkholme

Default Re: GURPS Undead Creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
So I talk about necromantic RPM here on my blog and about becoming a lich here.

In general, if you want a permanent effect in RPM you can use Conditional Termination (GURPS Thaumatology Ritual Path Magic, p. 18) and declare "Until dispelled" as a condition worth 18 energy.
Wow. Nice; great stuff.

I especially like the methods to become a lich. I presume a spell to become a vampire, or just *undead* with no other special abilities would follow the same process, but with the template values substituted, yeah?

What about making unintelligent/animal intelligence undead, that still aren't controlled? I'm thinking about D&D style ghouls. On the one hand, yeah, you're applying a template to a corpse. On the other hand they don't keep any special abilities or skills, basically just using their physical characteristics as a starting point.

How different is it if you're applying the template to a corpse?
How different is it if you remove the chance of death?

The lich post doesn't fully brake down the math, and I'm a little fuzzy on where the -150% modifier is coming from. I'm also a little fuzzy on how you can be applying a -150% leaving you with a positive number.

I apologize if these are rookie questions, I'm new to GURPS, and I've noticed there are a lot of formulas (discussed by people or sometimes in templates) seem to be presented assuming I understand where the numbers are coming from, when I unfortunately do not.

One additional question: How do you achieve an instantaneous result that's not a transformation? Say, growing an oak tree (perhaps from a seed, or just straight up created) in an instant? After the spell is cast, it's just a regular mundane oak tree.

Last edited by Darkholme; 06-24-2016 at 01:29 AM.
Darkholme is offline   Reply With Quote