View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: [ooc] the great black hills gold rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchim View Post
Character Generation notes

You will be given a budget of 150cp to spend on your character with a disadvantage limit of -75 including anything with a negative points value.
I would prefere no out and out psycho's lol.
The camapign is TL5 with average wealth being $5000 gurps dollars. Now despite the characters being people who are moving here to make a new life you may only have 20% of your worth available for equipment the rest will go on status specific stuff like a wagon a team to pull it tents and everyday stuff to fill your wagon etc etc etc.
I will allow people to trade points for cash though.

allowed cinematic advantages

Gunslinger
Enhanced dodge (capped at level 2)
Luck

This list is open to negotiation so long as a NO does not offend lol.

I would hope that the players create characters that have a reason to want to live in the town and to stay and make it a success.

If you need to know anything else please ask
Excellent! I'm excited about the game!

My character concept, as mentioned in the other thread, is a demolitions expert. From the time he first saw a firework as a young boy, Jebediah has been obsessed with explosions. He has found work with whoever will pay him to blow things up...his chief employment to this point has been with the military and for miners and prospectors.

A couple of questions about allowed advantages (feel free to say 'no', I won't take offense):
As Enhanced Dodge is allowed, would you allow the Enhanced Dodge (Dive for Cover) from GURPS Action (p.18)? It's 5 points per level, and only gives the dodge bonus when you dive for cover to escape an explosion. As it is rather limited when compared to normal Enhanced Dodge, could I buy three levels (assuming it's allowed at all)?

Are Gizmos allowed?
Would you allow Consumable Signature Gear (GURPS Super, p.81)? That way I could ensure a steady supply of the consumables (dynamite and blasting caps) that I'm likely to go through.

Finally, what would be a suitable Survival specialty for the area we are in? Mountain?

I'd already done a rough draft of the character on 150 points, so pending the answers to those questions I should have it ready fairly quickly.