View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 08:52 AM   #248
coronatiger

Default Session 62 (2021-05-07)

Thoughts on November 1st

At breakfast, I told the other I wanted to perform on the Hill tonight. Did the others have anything more important for us to do? Va’lyndra and Leopold told me that we should go to the city hall after the meal, to see if we could find someone to inform about the Tamburin invasion threat. Olivia went to work at the hospital, practically next door to the Leaping Trout, but the rest of us went to the city hall.

There were several lines of people waiting to do business there. We went past the lines and looked inside. There were people behind counters answering questions and applications, and Va’lyndra and Leopold figured out which line to join. The lines stretched all the way outside the building, so I went around the corner and began to perform, hoping that some of the people in front of my friends would prioritize a fabulous show over standing in line. I think it helped, at least a little.

After an hour or two, Ilzo plowed through the spectators to make way for Va’lyndra and Leopold, and they told me they had made an appointment to see someone this afternoon. Ilzo declared that he was going to track down the bird people in the meantime, and wandered off. Va’lyndra followed him. Leopold and I returned to the inn, and I changed into my performance outfit before heading out to advertise tonight’s performance.

On my tour through the city, two men came up to me and asked if I wanted to have sex with them. They weren’t quite so blunt about it, but that was their meaning. I said yes. I usually prefer one-on-one sessions, but I can take both two, three or four at a time if I have to. Afterwards, they tried to pay me, but I refused their money. I may be loose, but I’m not a whore.

Everyone except for Olivia met up back at the inn, and we walked to the meeting together. I armed and armored myself, in case we were going to one of the cannibal districts. At the meeting, the woman the others had talked to at the city hall introduced the other person present, a lieutenant in charge of the town’s security. I was a little bit upset that they didn’t recognize me when I took my helmet off, and we all had to state our names.

Va’lyndra said that we knew of a threat from Tamburin, and the lieutenant invited us to an interrogation room. Ilzo asked if we had to pay a fine, for he had always had to do that before, when he’d been to such rooms. Va’lyndra ignored him and told the lieutenant that Karl Morgenstern had sent us to inform Alvheim about the Tamburin threat. Leopold corrected her and said that while Lord Karl had asked us to find out about the Serals, it was Umber – the knowledge guild – who had sent us here to forge an alliance to counter Tamburin. Va’lyndra glared at him. I don’t think she intended for all of that to be told.

The lieutenant asked why Umber was interested in protecting Alvheim, and what proof we had for the threat. Va’lyndra replied that Leopold had written a report about it all. The lieutenant thought we should talk to the elves about this, or the city council. As an elf, Va’lyndra should be able to get inside the elven part of town. We had already tried to get in there, and said that we’d rather talk to the council.

Since he didn’t know us, the lieutenant decided to test us. The town has trouble with crime, he said. “And cannibalism,” I added. I told him about the people at the immigration district who ate peasants. My companions seemed to have forgotten all about that, and the lieutenant told me not to listen to such rumors.

He wanted us to deal with a criminal gang operating out of the Pond district. But he didn’t want to find bodies in the streets. He must have had experience with adventurers before. I said we had two challenges: Finding the criminals, and keeping Ilzo from murdering them all. The lieutenant gave us what information he had about the gang. He had a stack of papers that he gave to Va’lyndra, and said they were mostly up to extortion and theft, and harassing young maidens. The guards had captured some of the gang members before, but only for minor crimes, so they had to be let go after a whipping. Then they returned to their old habits, which the lieutenant found annoying. The gang counted forty-three identified members, elves, dwarves and humans, mostly ranging from thirteen to twenty-five years of age. Two of them were known leaders, but the actual shot-caller was not identified. Our task was to give the gang a real setback. If we could do that, he’d introduce us to the council.

It was about time for me to go to the hill, and I convinced the others to come. Ilzo helped me carry my equipment and set it up. I asked Ilzo and Va’lyndra to collect the entrance fee, but Leopold pointed out that I couldn’t charge admission to a public place, so I amended their task to going around begging. Leopold returned to the inn to catch up on his reading, but the others got to see my show. It went well, and afterwards I mingled with my fans, then Ilzo helped me carry my gear back downhill.

I found Olivia in our room. Uncharacteristically, I didn’t feel very guilty about sleeping with those two men earlier. I told Olivia about it, and said I had felt like I had done a good deed. It had to be Sulla speaking to me through my emotions. I had to pray about it tonight. Olivia just sighed and forgave me. I took a bath before joining her in bed. The “tub” at this inn was only a bucket to stand in while washing, but even had it been a proper bathtub, Olivia wouldn’t have joined me. For the first part, she was too large now, and for the other, I had to wash away the filth before touching her.

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is offline   Reply With Quote