View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #19
Icelander

Default Re: The Shadow Court of HM Queen Elizabeth II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
I just want to say I love this idea, and if you want anyone to pitch in with experiences of studying the occult scene in our world, feel free to PM me questions.
Thank you.

I've found that public discussions often yield far more creative impetus and interesting insights; in that they allow many more people to participate and bounce ideas of each other. If there's anything you have to contribute, I'd welcome input in the thread.

As regards the occult, I don't have a library on it like Ken Hite, but at the same time I got reading material on the Queen, I also picked up two books with promising titles; namely A Brief Guide to Secret Religions by David V. Barret and The Mammoth Book of Lost Symbols by Nadia Julien. They are next on my reading list. I'm also a regular reader of the Suppressed Transmission column in Pyramid and I've found GURPS Thaumatology to be endlessly helpful.

Apart from that, I've read the odd reference book over the years, I suppose, but more about ancient and historical myths, legends and belief systems than the people who hold such beliefs today. I did do a fair bit of research for my Boston Mystic campaign a couple of years ago, though, enough to learn how to fake it in a game, at least as it applied to the paranormal things that cropped up in play.