View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 10:49 AM   #395
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Who knows?
Probably Reslin or Togar, not that Julian expects an answer
Quote:
Brog: "I suppose I could do that..."
"Sounds good to me."
Quote:
Brog: "No, so they know you get to keep your stone and take it home. They check us for stones when we leave right? But you show them your stone when you come, and you can leave with it too."
"Oh, so it would be OK to swap a darkened stone for a lit one in the tunnels?"
Quote:
He isn't the type to argue with soldiers, but he still has one more thing to say:

"If you want pay, you need to work!"
I nod in agreement. Seems like a firm but fair kinda guy.
Quote:
"I don't know anything about following you" the soldier says. "You can ask Shuzu Lorek".
I'll wait until after the interrogation to ask him about that.

Quote:
When he gets to Lorek's building, he is lead into a room with Shuzu Lorek and Tarbreth. Tarbreth is chained to a chair.

Tarbreth: "I don't know this kid! I've never touched him! he's just trying to rip you off!"
"I suppose playing dumb comes naturally to someone as stupid as you, Tarbreth"

I guess whatever Julian rolls is complementary to Lorek's Interrogation roll?

"I mean, I'm only starting out spying on people, but this was just pathetic. Getting a good look at you and the bearded man, finding and destroying your cache of spears... Too easy."

"And getting you to capture me... Did you think I went along with you because I was afraid? Of you?" I steady my hand before it betrays my false confidence, "Don't make me laugh. It was all part of the plan. Make you give up more of your operation, get a couple of your men killed... All for nothing in the end."

"At this point, I suppose you could keep your mouth shut, and face some nasty fate... Or you could try to cut a deal and save your skin. Up to you."

I went with Fast-Talk; Julian's just stitching facts together after all. If Acting would work instead that'd basically be a +1 to the skill. It's a pretty clear success, so I guess it doesn't matter.
Quote:
[125] 23-02-04 21:56:07 CET
Fast-Talk
3d6 <= 12
1 + 3 + 4 = 8 ... success

Last edited by TGLS; 02-04-2023 at 01:58 PM.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote