View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 03:58 PM   #5
Tema69

Default Re: [Help needed] Post-apocalyptic world-war-two campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
20 years is a good time frame for a spacecraft to make a return trip to an arbitrary point in the solar system. Mining He3 might be a good reason for such a journey. Following that line of thought he could be waiting to build a fusion power plant.
The setting already has advanced power plants, and the base would probably have some as well (although they might be running out of juice).

Quote:
Or 20 years is a good length of time for a pseudo lebensborn program to produce results.
I was thinking that something along those lines might be part of his big plan. Are you thinking "abduction of local women" over the last twenty years? Problem is, I already just gave the PCs a few hundred "babies" to take care of, and them busting into the lich-king's daycare seems a bit odd. Maybe he abducted women to the base, bred with them, and then had them moved off somewhere else to carry out the pregnancies and raise the children?
He might want the children purely to use their brains to put into more ghoul/drone chassis though (I've already hinted to the PCs that the brains inside the drones come from "undesirable unborn elements of the population", making them untermensch foetus brains). That seems a bit more evil than running a school.

Quote:
Going with the Fuedal theme the prince may have been part of a larger kingdom and his territory was on the border closest to the pcs. He was just engaged with politics in the other direction up til now.
There could definitely be more like him. I'll save that idea for later, when I start fleshing out more of the map further away from the PCs.

Quote:
Going with the low orbit, ww2 paratroopers and cyborgs you could have him making an army designed for orbital height insertion. Wings maybe? Army of winged demon analogs
That could be cool. The pre-apocalypse setting already has Fallschirmjägers experimenting with jump packs as an alternative to fast-roping out of helicopters. Adding wings might make them feasible for actual (unreliable) flight.
Tema69 is offline   Reply With Quote