View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 11:16 AM   #5
Bzro

Default Re: Starting a Campaign, help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
Why are resistance cells still left in France this far into the Nazi Dominion? Are they hiding in the skull-lined catacombs of Paris or something awesome like that?
... Well, they might have to now. But I was thinking France because
A: Right next to Germany
B: It's the size of Texas with countless towns, ruins, and other hideouts
C: I really like The Saboteur

But yes, it might be better to have it somewhere else. Maybe Ireland.

Quote:
What is America doing air-dropping troops new enough to not be captured after five extra years of occupation if their own east coast is occupied?
It's not like America fell immediately after D-Day, it took a few years. And I was thinking that they'd been there for a few years, trying to lay low, training resistance cells, etc. One of the NPCs I'm planning is actually going to be a D-Day survivor.

Quote:
Just start it in media res. The PC are die-hards of the resistance. Everybody who bought-in on this game has already decided that. They're in some kind of jam that they can potentially solve themselves. GO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman
For something like this, it's perfectly reasonable to start the characters as already being members of a resistance organisation, which gives them missions and supplies. With this kind of framework, looting and money become less important - although stealing supplies from the Nazis is a perfectly sensible mission.
... Yeah, those are pretty fair points. I might have them be contacted and absorbed by a larger and more organized group, but that would be the extent. Although except for what can be looted or bought on the black market, the weaponry is likely going to be relatively crude (double-barreled shotguns, greaseguns) for the most part.

Unfortunately, I've already spent most of my monthly "general nerdiness" budget on the Basic Set, WWII, Pulp Guns, High Tech, and Powers. Probably going to get Weird War II next though, so thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
One thing: the fractured nature of Nazi administration mean that a single style of Nazi magic is quite unlikely. Several competing styles that fight among themselves is likely.
Wow, Can't believe I never considered this. Mecha-Hitler might become a reality after all.
Bzro is offline   Reply With Quote