View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 01:23 PM   #25
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

Ostav: "Yes, we all have ANI's. I got mine first installed when I was 10 years old. I went to the Neuralistry Clinic and they put me to sleep and installed it. That was pretty for one back then, but the age has just gotten pushed younger and younger. It does require more work to maintain in a growing body."

Ostav: "Well, I suppose its expensive. You don't buy one or subscribe to a service that provides it for you. Unless you count the government. Installing them does take up a decent chunk of the economy, I think. Its a small price to pay for everything it gives you."

Ostav: "Every few years or so an ANI goes out, and we have to replace it. Its maddening when its not working. I can't get into any rooms*, I can't browse, my angel** can't analyze things. I handle it better than most, I think. We've had people panic because they lost their ANI and felt trapped in their sleeper pods."

*These appear to be virtual rooms, where most people spend most of their time both at work and off work.

**this appears to be a combination Artificial Intelligence (yes, she knows what that is), and Augmented Reality display.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote