View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
DwarvenHeart

Default Re: The importance of an over all goal/climax to a campaign?...

I like what most everyone is saying about just letting the game progress naturally. Mailanka, I am a beginner. Out of my group I'm the most driven = GM. I also have the least amount of time. I'm not giving up on this though. My friends can work around almost any schedule I make up for game night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunadin777 View Post
...my current campaign is a little bit the opposite of this: I have my players freely running around with only a vague hint of what's really going on, while the villain is on a track to take over the world in about ten years' time.
This is what I was wondering if I should inspire to: Having some kind of overall villian or mastermind. But after reading your responses and and knowing my players, I'm hopeful that they will be enjoying the Pokemon effect of developing characters and building on to their badass ship that they won't care if there isn't a end game kind of mentality.

Also, it seems that over time and end game climax might present itself through game play much the same way I hope to see my player's enjoy the newly gained strengths and weaknesses (adv/dis) through playing.
DwarvenHeart is offline   Reply With Quote