View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 09:22 PM   #13
Skarg

Default Re: Immunity to Break Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse11h View Post
The Spell reference Pages in the Wizard game contain an answer to this question on page 4 under the description for Break Weapon, the IQ 12 spell. In the description, the rules state that all magic weapons are immune to Break Weapon by their very nature as magic weapons.
This text also appears in the original Wizard as well in the description of the Break Weapon spell.
I think that the above was the intended rule for ITL, but it was garbled in translation in the original text and not corrected in Legacy. Or at least that will work well enough for me. It's simple to implement it as well. Magic weapons are simply immune to the spell Break Weapon.
Well, basic Wizard says that.

ITL's version says, Does not work on enchanted swords, shields, etc., constructed with Immunity (q.v.) against this spell. which I wouldn't say is garbled in ITL or Advanced Wizard. It says almost the same thing as basic Wizard, except requiring a specific enchantment to make it so. The fact that there's no cost listing provided is the only hitch, but that's easily fixed. Of course, just like I can say its cost is 1500, you could say your wizards have a version that costs 0. Or, just say what you wrote - it's your campaign.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote