View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #10
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Health And Unliving Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Some FP-damaging effects can still hit zombies, in which case they damage HT rather than FP (note here I'm assuming your zombies lack FP, this isn't necessarily the case), so a larger pool is useful. You need to roll against HT to avoid both unconsciousness and death (unless you also have Fragile: Unnatural). Some exotic/supernatural abilities can still hit zombies and would be resisted by HT. Holy abilities and the like that specifically target undead are often resisted by Will, but I could see justification to use HT as well. Zombies who lack Unhealing (Total) heal more quickly with higher HT (although zombies with Regeneration can ignore this). There are also a number of HT-based skills that zombies (or other undead - vampires in modern fiction typically have Sex Appeal) could theoretically get use out of.

So, if your zombies have Fragile: Unnatural and either Unhealing (Total) or Regeneration, and you don't bother with effects that reduce FP (like heat, or starvation if your zombies need some brains to munch on), and there are no special Resisted by HT abilities that can affect zombies, and your zombies don't make use of HT-based skills, you can get away with Hard to Subdue instead of HT. The fewer of the above factors that are true, the more worthwhile it becomes to just buy HT instead of trying to handle things piecemeal.
And they somehow don't ever need to roll for crippling duration.