View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 04:36 AM   #4
Mailanka

Default Re: Health And Unliving Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallor View Post
What I'm saying is--when I build a zombie point-by-point, would it be easier to assign Hard to Subdue (since unconsciousness = death for this sort of undead) to represent more robust, complete corpses?

What do you think?
Why are you building zombies point by point? Are players going to be playing them? Are the players going to be shapeshifting into them? Are players going to be taking them as allies? If no to all of the above, then points are a waste of your time.

You should focus, instead, on mechanics. How do zombies fight and work? You can use stats as a shorthand, but don't bother with "And they cost X number of points," because it's not pertinent. Check out Monster Hunters or Dungeon Fantasy for examples of NPC bad guys. Note that they do not have point totals, just trait lists.

I mean, you might think a 50 point zombie would be a good challenge for a 50 point PC, but if that 50 point PC is an accountant with twinked out Administration and unique Financial techniques that help him ferret out corruption and decent levels of Administrative Rank, then a 50-point zombie is a bad match for him (the accountant will run circles around the zombie when it comes to financial acumen, and the zombie will be able to casually crack this guy's skull open and eat him).