View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #7
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: [RPM] The tricky division between Mind, Spirit and Undead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Because it was designed that way? Seriously, Path of Body already covers plants, animals, humans...living things basically. So to keep some semblance of balance it needed to be split into Path of Body and Mind. At least that's how I read it.
I'm wondering about letting Mind affect the minds of anyone, whether alive, not, or spirit. Whether to let Spirit and Undead also substitute for Mind of spirits/undead, I'm unsure; I'm also unsure about another option - merging Undead and Spirit for the bodies, but letting Mind affect all minds, and removing the mind-affecting component of Spirit/Undead. Permutations, mutations, houserules, variations . . .
But I better understand the default set-up before doing anything like that.

Quote:
Ahhh. That doesn't work into this at all. If you're alive, you're good. The spell is summoning the soul back into the body - not making the person undead - that's a whole other ritual.
I wasn't thinking it make a person undead, but it does need to control the ghost of the deceased in order to 'put it back in'.

Quote:
Not really much of a difference, revenants are Path of Undead, homunculi, and the golems are Path of Matter.
I guess I should've used Geist The Sin-Eaters instead of revenants to highlight what I mean. The sort where the person is undead, but definitely the body is alive. And the idea of a homunculus was too that the body is alive, but may or may not have a soul, but does have a mind, whether rudimentary or complete.