View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 01:16 PM   #2
tbeard1999

Default Re: The Immovable Foundation-Stone on which TFT Characters are Built

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
The Immovable Foundation-Stone of TFT

"The Commutative Laws of Mathematics DO NOT work for either subtraction nor division."

"If a re-designer cannot subtract nor divide from the original premise [(a+b)=(b+a)]=24, because "The Commutative Laws of Mathematics DO NOT work for either subtraction nor division.", what can be done to enhance the system?

You can add.

Oh yeah? I counter with The Philosophical Revelations of Sinistar. http://onastick.net/drew/sinistar/

:D

Actually, I found your analysis interesting because I have avoided splitting TFT attributes.

If I understood your analysis correctly, the philosophically correct solution to Conan the Wizard problem is to add an attribute. Interestingly, my proposed solution was to add a separate attribute - Power - which would be used instead of ST to power spells. Poof, no Conan the Wizard. Of course, that would affect Wizard vs Wizard duels, since the Wizards don't lose hit points as they cast spells, but that seems a minor thing.

This adjustment would not reduce the value of ST to non-wizards. For them, ST does everything it always has. For wizards, it obviously reduces the value of ST -- which is exactly what you need to eliminate Conan the Wizard.

As an aside, my concern with allowing 2:1 talent points is more due to my desire to ensure strongly defined character archetypes, like Fighter, Thief, Wizard, etc. Providing more talent points blurs those distinctions in my opinion.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote