View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #19
Jürgen Hubert

Default Re: GURPS Dark Sun Campaign Plotting

So... it's time to come up with stuff for my next session again.

The situation is as follows: The PCs have ****** off King Kalak of Tyr a few times too often, first by heavily damaging sensitive enchanted components of his ziggurat and then setting his tower on fire. While King Kalak is currently preoccupied with trying to repair the enchantment (and has sent some minions to fetch him a pyreen, with whose life force he intends to fix it), he has also send further minions to kill or capture the PCs, together with a psionic flying serpent which can trace the PCs since its poison is in one (now two) of them.

And so far, they have done a decent job. While the PCs managed to kill half of them in an ambush, two of the PCs are heavily injured and the third one (the mage) is all out of energy. They are fleeing into the desert with some stolen kanks, with the rest of them in hot pursuit (which also include the flying serpent and a bounty hunter who also happens to be an expert sniper with his bow).

We broke it off at this point in my last session - it was getting late, and I had to figure out what to do. Now I am beginning to have an idea.

One of the PCs has the Weirdness Magnet disadvantage - basically, weird stuff will keep on happening to him. I think I will have him stumble across one of the new ideas from the 4E version of the setting - one of the remaining islands of the "Feywild" left over from the Green Age. They can use this as a temporary refuge while they gather their wits and recover.

The inhabitant is what 4E calls an eladrin (though I will use names like "sidhe" or "djinn" - anyone has some other good names?) - a being vaguely resembling an elf, but immortal and a very potent user of psionics. She will recognize the half-elf character with Weirdness Magnet as either a distant descendant or the reincarnation of a former lover (I haven't decided which), which is also why he was able to accidentally gain access to the extradimensional hideout.

So... any ideas for how to embellish all that and make it more interesting? I don't just want to make this "random weird stuff that happens" - I want to make this a significant event which may have repercussions later on...