View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 11:17 PM   #34
lwcamp

Default Re: [MH] Vile Vortices and Supernatural Threats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
By the source material of Ivan T. Sanderson, it clearly is the Bermuda Lozenge. On the other hand, the center and widest point of the lozenge would have to lie somewhere between Miami and Puerto Rico, at least if I want to fit Cuba, Haiti, Jamaica and the rest of the Caribbean into it as well.

I had thought that the additional triangle which makes it a lozenge should probably have its southern, narrow end somewhere just off the coast of one of the Central American countries. Well, maybe even cover some of the coasts, no sense in skimping.

For example, look at the absolutely huge area covered by the lozenge of the 'Bermuda Triangle' in this map of the Vile Vortices. Granted, this doesn't seem to reach far enough north for Roanoke shenanigans, but maybe that was a ley line anomaly or something. Alternatively, look at the extended darkened area in the first map here. Play around with that and get it into a lozenge shape and it ought to get me a Bermuda Lozenge which covers everything I like from South Carolina to Aruba.
It almost reaches the Yucatan. Could the second most extreme mass extinction event in Earth's past, the one that wiped out all the non-avian dinosaurs 65 million years ago due to an asteroid impact in the Yucatan peninsula, be the result of this vortex? Of course, an extra-dimensional asteroid could have materialized well within the vortex at high altitude, and then traveled on its ballistic trajectory outside of the Bermuda triangle to impact with the Yucatan.

Interestingly, some paleontologists and geologists think that the end Cretaceous extinction was a synergy between the long term climate ravaging effects of the Deccan traps flood basalt eruptions and the sudden knock-out punch of the Yucatan asteroid. And lo and behold, there is a vortex lying right over India, too!

Luke
lwcamp is offline   Reply With Quote