View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #34
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week: Allies and Ally Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
It could just be historical reasons. I don't actually know that Contact Group predates 4e, but I would guess that it does.
Could be, though I'm not seeing Contact Group in Compendium I or GURPS Update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I'm not really sure why this is necessary. Sure, they could be combined, and that's more elegant, but it also works as is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Also having a lot of house rules is problematic, at least for me, since that's just more stuff that you have to document and remember as being in effect. I try to keep my house rules to a minimum for that reason.
What do you mean by "necessary"?

Not trying to play word games but after writing and deleting a somewhat lengthy response, I want to be sure before I even try to answer this question. The short answer is "No, like all of GURPS, this is not necessary."
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote