View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 09:06 AM   #3
XRaysVision

Default Re: TFT Miniatures Kickstarter!

I'm really hoping that the response to this Kickstarter is positive enough to encourage SJG to do more. This offering is most welcome with the iconic bad guys included. Most of all the octopuses (yes that's the correct way to say it).

One of the things that I've found during my seemingly endless search for suitable printable miniatures, is a lack of simple heroes and delvers. The mainstream are all concentrating on sculpting the most ornate, complicated, miniatures ever seen. It almost seems to be an unwritten competition between sculptors to produce the spikiest armor, in ordinarily hugest swords, most endowed -- most scantily clad females in the industry.

My hope is that SJG will, eventually, get around to offering some well sculpted good guys and bad guy humans that are thematically consistent with the Old School vibe of Melee, Wizard, and TFT. Personally, I would be all over a Kickstarter offering 3D printable versions of the counters in Melee and Wizard! Perhaps, even better, would be to start working through the pre-generated characters that are provided on the existing character cards.

Anyway, that's my hope for future KS projects.
XRaysVision is offline   Reply With Quote