View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 07:57 PM   #9
TGLS

Default Re: Stats For Students

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
How high or low can Attributes go? I'm thinking not more then one or two levels, and maybe no more then a single increase for the first.
Basic Set suggested:
> - 1 SM
> 80% ST
> 90% IQ/DX
For ten year olds. Fifteen year olds got their full adult attributes. The short version would appear to be "maybe a point off of where they'll be in a few years."

Quote:
For the second case what skills would be needed by a schoolboy or -girl to operate a Mech in VR? I'm thinking these would be easy skills and possibly capped by Computer Operation. What skills should I even allow at starting?
If I recall, Immersive VR uses regular skills, so piloting, gunner, etc.
Quote:
Should I even allow Advantages?

Disadvantages are in the same boat as the above, should I even allow them?
I'd say yes to both. Some advantages ought to be restricted or altered (i.e. Wealth, Status), and some may be required (i.e. Patrons to represent parents). Likewise, some disadvantages are unlikely (i.e. Alcoholism, Dependents) while again some ought to be mandatory (i.e. Social Stigma (Minor)), and others make sense (i.e. Phobias, Pacifism).

I think most worries about children who are overcompetent can be offset by keeping all the costly and mandatory traits/skills in a template, and providing a small budget for increased attributes, traits and skills.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote