View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 08:11 AM   #633
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well I don't know wiring but I'll risk it.

That went well. What would need to be done to actually electrocute here?
Ugg, I missed this the first pass. Sorry.

You'd need to place the body up against the live wire without electrocuting yourself. That's an electrician roll, on a failure, you zap yourself. If you wish, you can add electricity only DR using a default ability stunt: that's 3 FP and a -2 to your confuse skill for 20 DR against electricity only. adding FP can reduce that penalty.

Alternatively, use your powers to Electrocute him yourself. That's an innate attack (Heart attack) linked with some burning damage (at least 2d6) with surge... which is about 50 points, all told, so that's 3 FP/ER and -8 to your confuse skill. you can spend more FP to reduce the -8 penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica will audit the personnel dossiers using her administration skill.
She will analyze the files to narrow the subjects to a 20%, taking a pareto approach. She will highlight the most likely subjects and also take her team out of the picture.

She will aid her report using the writing skill.

Besides the dossiers, Pacifica will employ the information she has gathered from her lunchtime-hub, her overall interactions with the personnel in her section and in the extra hands, and her prospection/observation efforts. Which may provide another bonus.

Finally, she will make use of her exposition sense to find relevant information for Zybo’s task, keeping her eyes open (aiming) to other intel that can be of aid to the Dread-Stormers (including the re-supply operation).
The only dossier is her own, which looks clean... but Pacifica is able to indentify a handful of "dreadstormer suspects", one of which she can make look really suspicious: the woman has shown herself to have several infractions where she wasn't with her buddy, and she has shown only a cursory knowledge of her homeworld, Korvi, which is known for highly automated mining.

Quote:
For both tasks she will take extra time, aiming to a +2 to both administration and writing. She will ask Nejora to support/cover her regular activities (Pacifica won’t be absent, by the way), as the request of the navigation-shift demands higher priority.
Commander Zybo has already authorized this!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote