View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 07:06 PM   #1
RPGMunchkin

Default Getting Help and playing a GUAL card in combat

I had an argument with a player about when you can play a Go Up A Level card. I need a definitive answer to put this thing to bed once and for all. Here is how things happened that led to me needing help here.

I'm in a game with 3 others. I am Lv 7 (not an elf) and in my hand is a GUAL card. I Kick Down The Door and reveal a monster that I can NOT defeat by myself and the monster gives 2 levels upon defeat. Another player (also not an elf) offers to help me defeat the monster. I accept and then play the GUAL card as it would bump me to Lv 8 and then the monster would be defeated with the other players help, thus giving me 2 more levels to win the game. This is where all things fall apart and the argument starts.

Going back over the rules sheet, it says that a GUAL card can be played at anytime except if that would put you to Lv 10 and give you the win. So could you play it in combat after accepting some one's offer to help but BEFORE you calculate whether you can defeat the monster? There was also an issue of when is combat technically finished.
RPGMunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote