View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 03:34 PM   #24
Say, it isn't that bad!

Default Re: Fixing round length in GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
Yes? I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm pointing out that what Michael Thayne is talking about isn't about losing focus. It's about physical fatigue and aerobic exhaustion and such. That is, precisely what Douglas Cole (the author of the system in question) pointed out.
...I don't see a problem with adapting Action Points to a different purpose, though? Or maybe that part wasn't clear...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
Seems like much the same to me, except that at the larger scale it becomes completely compulsory rather than merely possible. Each person isn't dealing with the whole picture at once, but a small subset of it. (Which might overlap with other people's subsets.)
I don't actually disagree with your point; I just didn't quite get how it fits as a response to what I posted, that you were responding to.

A small fight generally involves teamwork. Large groups generally involve small teams.

The scale goes up that high because, for example, an artillery commander might need to take into account a much larger battlefield than Platoon #123.

My post wasn't clear in a number of ways. It could have used quite a bit more refinement - excluding that the idea isn't that good in the first place. And that lack of clarity has caused additional confusion. So yeah, that's on me.
Say, it isn't that bad! is offline   Reply With Quote