View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
whswhs

Default Re: System for manageing organizations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorian View Post
I thought about putting this in the GURPS forum but decided it was better to put it here.

A friend of mine is running a game in Ebberon setting for 3.5 D&D. One thing lead to another and now the PCs are ,while still adventuring, now the board of a organization that has a decent amount of resources and is starting to fund adventurer groups. They have some contact with certain groups that give them jobs, and a map that shows them some "lost" areas. He wants a system for ranking agents/adventurer parties for various skill sets (i.e. stealth, combat, magic, knowledge, social...) so the PCs can decide what groups to send on what missions.
That's the easy part. He also wants a hard and fast system for determining success/failure based off of those ranking and what they would be going against. He also wants method for determining resources used up (not to the arrows used lvl but to the one shot magic items lvl) and any permanent damage that they may get.
Also he wants this to be general enough that you can use it in a swords and sorcery game or a modern gothic horror or hard Sci Fi setting using any game system. So "permanent" injury could be loss of a hand in GURPS (or other system that does that lvl of detail) or permanent ability damage in D&D.

Has anyone actually done this before? And if so can we have a copy? Or at least some help?
No, but I recommend that you look at GURPS Mass Combat first. In effect, your organization is in the role of providing logistic support to various small combat teams; GURPS Mass Combat will let you define the exact nature of each team in those terms, figure out a cost for supplying it, and figure out the overhead of running the support organization. And it also provides detailed rules for determining the success/failure of each mission with a few rolls.

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote