View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 07:34 AM   #17
giganerds

Default Re: [Racial Template] Na'vi (Avatar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial View Post

I think that they have more than +10ST ,because they can completely pierce a armored soldier with an arrow, or are there arrows or bows somewhat special?
Well, the military plain armor of the film don't appear so great. An TL 9 Tactical Suit has DR 10 against impaling. But I remember seeing one arrow piercing the glass of the vehicles and combat walkers (how much DR?).

I don't know how to stats a SM + 1 long bow. But that big arrow probably can cause a lot of damage, the size of the thing is near of a bolt of a Scorpion I think. The Medieval Weapon Nuts can answer with more sure. My guess could be somewhat like thr+4 pi. Following the table bellow and remember, ST 20 is for an plain Na'vi, most of them including the females are hunters and have ST above the average.

Code:
ST       Damage with the Bow
20       2d+3 imp
21-22 3d     imp
23-24 3d+1 imp
25-26 3d+2 imp
27-28 4d+3 imp
29-40 4d     imp
Note that, probably many of then has Heroic Archer and Weapon Master (Bow) to increase both the usability and the damage.

Another thing to consider: it's an action movie! They have tendency to magnify things.

Last edited by giganerds; 12-24-2009 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Broken HTML Code for the table, and it still broken dammit
giganerds is offline   Reply With Quote