View Single Post
Old 01-14-2023, 11:42 AM   #9
Michael Thayne

Default Re: [Martial Arts, Vehicles] Cinematic Driving rules

I spent some time thinking about this awhile back and wound up concluding that the vehicle operation mostly aren't detailed enough to support this kind of thing. Even the chase rules in Action 2: Exploits doesn't have much in the way of, say, vehicle operation penalties that might reasonably be bought off via Technique. Maybe you could create a perk that gives you one Lucky Break per chase, encouraging players to "pre-pay" for lucky breaks? To be fair you might want to require specialization by maneuver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
Thinking more about this: Should Defensive Driving and Aggressive Driving be specializations of the Driving skill, or a pair of techniques, or sets of several techniques, or something else?
"Ram" might be a reasonable vehicle operation technique. Maybe. Martial Arts seems to implicitly assume that "Slam" is too broad to be a technique, and that slam-based techniques, while allowed, need to be more specific (e.g. Drop Kick). But vehicle operation skills differ in a bunch of ways from unarmed combat skills, so maybe it's fine.

Defensive Driving... I'm not sure what that would do. If it improves vehicular Dodge, it should probably be Enhanced Dodge (Vehicular) (see Action 1).