View Single Post
Old 11-27-2022, 01:41 AM   #28
RGTraynor

Default Re: 4e Cure Disease badly worded/overpowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Incidentally, since the main mechanism of scurvy seems to be that tissues don't heal and gradually wear out, would Minor Healing (much lower prerequisite count) temporarily fix the damage if you didn't have Cure Disease?
I've routinely allowed Minor Healing (for instance) to heal the raw damage diseases do, and I expect it'd be useful in mitigating any chronic illness.

(Heck, never mind the scurvy, sailors just get chronically banged up in any number of ways. A healer who was hitting up everyone in the crew just once a week, generally, would do wonders.)

But with a nod towards all the people chiming in, going back to Maximara's OP, it just reinforces my take from another thread: we can see, I think, that it'd be damned easy to devote a full page to Cure Disease. There are only so many pages available for the Magic book, and only so much commentary on each spell that most gamers would accept. We have to recognize both that the word count on any spell is going to be finite, and that it's on us to write our own expanded commentary for our own campaigns to the degree it's needful.

"Call me old-fashioned, but after you're dead, I don't think you should be entitled to a Dodge any more." - my wife

It's not that I don't understand what you're saying. It's that I disagree with what you're saying.
RGTraynor is offline   Reply With Quote