View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 09:28 AM   #83
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Nightmare Fuel: Snakes, Bugs (well, arthropods mostly), and Evil Plants for the D

Backer Surveys

The smoke test went very well, and with 85% of participants reporting no issues, I pushed out the full survey list to the remaining backers.

(The other 15% haven't responded yet. It wasn't 15% report issues. That would not be something that made me say "woo hoo, let's do them all!)

In any case, the surveys are out - please fill them out ASAP.

Pre-Orders

I'm going to pause for a short bit to ensure everything is still fine, and then I'll open up the pre-order store. I will probably fire this off this coming Tuesday.

"Cartoon" Alternate Covers

By limited but popular request, the "alternate" covers for the three books - which other than Garden of Evil are all you've ever seen - are also available as an add-on. The US hub requires 20 folks to order each one; the UK hub requires 15 (due to pricing/shipping differences). If we get enough orders by the time Lock and Charge happens, those that order them will be charged for them and they'll be printed and included in the box.

Because sometimes electrons really are free, though, those alternate covers will be included for anyone who gets the PDFs as a freebie. So only plus-up for the cartoons if you really want extra physical books.

Real Cover Reveal: Probably Tuesday

You've already seen the Garden of Evil cover front, but by Monday I should ("should") have all three full cover spreads, front and back.

I'll post them as soon as I have layout done, which should not take terribly long.

Lock and Charge

This is tied to the first book being done-enough for release, but I anticipate getting all of my art in hand by this coming Monday, Nov 21. I'm going to give the surveys about a week, and then start locking and charging cards on a rolling basis. This means as you complete the survey, you'll get any PDFs of books that are done right away. Once about 85-90% of the surveys are finished, I should be able to judge how many print orders I need - or really just "do I need more than about 250 of them?" which would be triggered by a surge in pre-orders.

See Something, Say Something

If you see something that makes you scratch your head, just ping me. These post-campaign surveys have a lot of moving parts, and it's more likely accident than malice if you see an odd price disparity or something is missing or wrong. If it is, we'll fix it.

One common error is mis-clicking SKUs on my part, so a pledge level winds up with (say) 2× Garden of Evil (PDF), 1× Serpents of Legend, and no Bugstiaries. That's an easy fix, and I DID check for it, but keep a weather eye on your shopping cart anyway.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote