View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
Dalren

Default Re: Rule of 16 and Bonuses/Penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinadon View Post
If you mean 'Is there a way to use Deceptive Attack on my resisted ability?', then I believe the answer is no. Generally if you want to beef up an advantage for a single attack you would use the Extra Effort rules from Powers.
This is indeed what I intended to ask. In this case, however, I don't believe Extra Effort is what I was hoping for. Rather, I'm looking to see if you can reduce your target's resistance by taking a penalty to your own roll. This would be handy for times when the Rule of 16 would make any score above a 16 useless anyway (after range penalties, etc). For example, if I have a resisted advantage that checks at 20 and my target only has a Will of 15, I would normally be limited to rolling against 16. I was looking to see if there was an option that would allow me to take a penalty to apply a penalty to my target's resistance roll. Perhaps -1 to resistance for every -2 I took on my check. If such a rule existed, I could take penalties down to 16 (can't check at anything greater due to Rule of 16 anyway) and the target would check against 13 instead of the full 15.
Dalren is offline   Reply With Quote