View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 10:47 AM   #35
JLV

Default Re: IQ to power spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoug View Post
Earlier in the thread you talked about how you used to use Mana based entirely on your IQ to cast spells. All I did was point out that, by current ITL RAW, that's the equivalent of having a fully charged level 2 manastaff. Which is probably why you "...had staffs that could store mana too, and never found it necessary." It's been my confusion this whole thread, that nobody who's tried it seems to think that completely replacing ST with IQ as the casting resource is an unbalancing idea. I didn't mean for there to be any hostility at all, and I don't feel like deleting it because it might get people to discuss the whole "free mana" thing that apparently everybody did back in the day.
Okay, my apologies for mistaking your intent there; but I fail to grasp how using ST to cast spells and using a staff to store "ST" (or its equivalent, "fatigue" or, nowadays "Mana") for casting spells is essentially different from using IQ to cast spells and using a staff to store "IQ" (or its equivalent, "Mana") for casting spells -- other than by which attribute you use to power your spells, of course. My "never thought it necessary" comment was directed towards the fact that Missile Spells are now limited. I was simply noting that it wasn't felt to be necessary or desirable to do that under the old rules we were using -- even as modified by our house rules. Is that the part you find confusing?
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote