View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 07:11 AM   #3
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Blade Runner: Black Lotus and Technical Grappling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
So I was watching the newest ep of Black Lotus that debuted Saturday and it has this neat fight scene where the female police officer beats up a bunch of gang members.

This one move she did got me thinking about how GURPS would treat it. Any ideas?

https://youtu.be/wBaQ9CR3XP0

It's like the guy was aiming a kick for her but she grabs his buddy and interposes him so that by the time the kick lands it hits the buddy instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Really, that's just the kicking guy not being a good fighter - his buddy is already in his way when he starts the kick, and she's far enough away it wouldn't have hit her anyway (but that may just be bad fight choreography). As for what they were going for, I think it's possible with Technical Grappling to Parry an attack using the opponent you're grappling, so this could be a case of that, with her opting to burn up all her Control Points on the attempt and breaking the grapple. If it's not possible, well, honestly it should be, although this is going to be more difficult than a normal Parry (then again, if your hands are full of struggling criminal, it may be your best option).
This is covered explicitly in Fantastic Dungeon Grappling, on p. 8, under the title "Human Shield."
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote