View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 07:44 AM   #38
Fred Brackin

Default Re: GURPS Magic: The Least of Spells

I got this last night. I only waited that long because I seldom get to read significant masses of Gurps material durign the day.

There were multiple spells that I'd been looking for. I'm planning a way to make money in a busy port city by selling anti-seasickness charms that actually work. If you and a buddy are just a little above average in FP you could churn out maybe 5 Sea Legs items per day and gross $125 per day at the base price of $1 per energy pt.

Sea Legs and (I think Stprm Shelter) are quite viable magic items as they have durations of an hour and costs of 1. They can get by without any Power Enchantments. If you were already having a self-powerd Item made there are many useful spells that you could add to it cheaply.

This would do even more to make useful magic a thing of the wealthy rather than the masses but charging cp for the Spells already does that. An IQ 10 guy has to put 8 cp into a least Spell to get it up to 12. If has that many cp to spare he won't be poor long anyway. He probably won't be IQ 10 either.