View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 01:18 PM   #6
SolemnGolem

Default Re: Gloomhaven (cross-pollinatable with GURPS etc.)

I regret giving away my Gloomhaven boxed set, as I was interested in designing a tabletop card game rather like Gwent (standalone Witcher-derived free-to-play title).

Gloomhaven has plenty of tokens, trackers, status effects, etc. that can be easily repurposed for any other type of game you care to try.

I'm of half a mind to redesign the old 1990s TSR CCG "Spellfire" (which had nice artwork but very threadbare strategic design) with some game mechanics from Race for the Galaxy, Gwent, or Tiny Epic Galaxies.

Luckily, half a mind is all you need to undertake this. Even more luckily, the guy who gifted me my first copy of the game (my brother) doesn't really want his own copy of the game either and is quite happy to send me his for plundering and even more repurposing.

I feel like I could leave a faintly praising review for Gloomhaven that reads: "This box has everything you could ever need to supplement your GURPS tactical map games, homemade card games, and spare tokens for a wide variety of tabletop pursuits."
SolemnGolem is offline   Reply With Quote