View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 09:10 AM   #16
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: [Basic] Luck/Unluckiness limitation: Long-Term Relationships cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedKagouti View Post
Which is only worth points if that is a realistic expectation and something players would actually benefit from having/earning.
And actually desired.

If I make a Character with a Disad that limits me from taking certain Skills and Advantages it is because having those certain Skills and Advantages is not a part of the Character I invision.

So... why should I get extra points for limiting myself from those certain Skills and Advantages?

In other words, I decide I'm not getting into the Ally/Contact/Dependent/Minion/Patron part of the game*, it doesn't interest me for this Character†, why should I get more than a Quirk for limiting myself from such a niche* activity?

* Presuming it is niche. Otherwise, if it is an important and/or major portion of the game, why am I being allowed to partition my Character off from it?

† Yes, there is also an interesting discussion to be had about other Disads that such limit Characters from niche activities or activities that never come up despite the presupposed genre intentions; say a DF game where Social Stigmas have little to no impact on the Character because Town activities are extremely limited and the whole looting/selling/buying minigame is largely absent; why should the PC get points for the disad?

Last edited by evileeyore; 08-24-2019 at 09:15 AM.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote