View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 11:02 AM   #121
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Day is re-considering this plan. If Hua sets off a big commotion, Day may be called upon to help deal with it in some way, and it would be suspicious if he was without his tools. "Okay, how about this? Late in my shift, I'm going to 'break' one of my tools, and have to go to Stores to requisition a new one. I'll use my powers to also get a full replacement kit, and leave it at this meeting place."

Is there any place a kit could be hidden in their meeting place?
Yes, the ship is lousy with hydrogen brick containers, emergency supply stores, and all sorts of nooks and crannies to hide things in.

Quote:
Day has lots to do now. At lunch, he will use Suggestion to cause one of the cook's replenishing a warming drawer with food to spill it on the floor, and use the distraction for his now-familiar Filch/Holdout routine. Does the use of a psi-power count as a complimentary skill (GURPS Action 2, p. 5) giving a bonus for the other skills used?

[58] 20-09-14 11:38:30 CEST

Suggestion to cook to spill food on floor

3d6 <= 16
5 + 4 + 5 = 14 ... success

[59] 20-09-14 11:41:15 CEST

Filch to remove contaminated food from table

3d6 <= 13
6 + 5 + 6 = 17 ... failure

[60] 20-09-14 11:41:54 CEST

Use Luck to re-roll Filch twice

3d6 <= 13
1: 2 + 5 + 2 = 9 ... success
2: 6 + 2 + 2 = 10 ... success

[61] 20-09-14 11:42:59 CEST

Holdout to smuggle out contaminated food

3d6 <= 14
1 + 2 + 4 = 7 ... success
I'm going to move the food routine to a once every three-days thing for Daymar (we've demonstrated how it works). Every three day period the rolls will receive a -1 penalty.

Quote:
Following lunch, Day should now have all of his powers back. He asks Pothi, "Have I ever told you about this old Belter woman I met who taught me how to read palms? After shift I can show you."
Ok, I got to see this... especially in a setting with actual reading of the future.

Quote:
Later in the shift, Day will intentionally break one of the flimsier tools in his kit, and tell Pothi, "I've got to run up to stores to requisition a new tool, this one broke. Be right back!"
"wait up, I've got to come with you... Aw, you broke one of those?" Pothi will need to acompany you to requisitions anyway.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 09-14-2020 at 12:30 PM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote