View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 11:03 AM   #1755
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Gaming Ballistic - GURPS Content Posts

Ballistic’s Report for Week Ending Dec 17

This last week was all about getting ready for the transition to Backerkit. There’s a lot that goes on “below the waterline” to make this happen. It’s a lot like synchronized swimming: it only looks calm and graceful if you don’t look at the legs.

So, what went on?
  • A lot of art direction. A lot. Something between 70 and 80 new illustrations, most of which are already underway.
  • A lot of conversations on fulfillment, culminating with the decision to partner with Nord Games and ShipQuest UK to provide international and domestic fulfillment for ALL of my product, not just the hardcover books. Anything on offer will be made available to anyone. This was greatly facilitated by ShipQuest’s decision to become a formal VAT agent for the UK/EU, which is 90% of the reason I was loathe to offer anything BUT the book.
  • That doesn’t mean shipping will be cheap, easy, or happy-happy-joy-joy. It won’t. But this puts the decision in the backers’ hands, where I think it belongs.
  • Even more conversations with the card deck vendor, talking about boxes.
  • A decision on which printer I’m using, final book page count, and number of copies.
  • We are now assembling the shipping matrix and hopefully will have that all settled early next week. Followed very quickly by the survey itself.
Now it’s monsters, monsters, monsters. I actually hope to get a chunk of about 50 of them into my Patrons’ hands for review as soon as this weekend.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote