View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 07:15 AM   #1753
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Gaming Ballistic - GURPS Content Posts

Ballistic's Report for Week Ending Nov 19

This week was launch week for the Bestiary, and true to my word, we went live yesterday. As I type this, the Nordlond Bestiary and Enemies Book sits at just over $20,000 raised, with $14,000 more to go. So we had a great first day, but are still looking at picking up nearly 200 backers to fund, and 650 more to hit all the stretch goals.

Is this doable? It really ought to be. My own projects have varied between 420 and 600 backers for Dungeon Fantasy RPG projects; SJGames’ from a low of about 550 (DF Companion 2) to a high of 1,600 (the Boxed Set), with the Monsters 2 book sitting at over 1,000. The Nordlond Bestiary is “like Monsters, but more so.” I’m hopeful.

What went on this week?
  • Launch day. Obviously
  • I was on Talking Crit and SJGames Live. Talking Crit touched on the Bestiary but is always a wide-ranging chat; SJGames Live focused on DFRPG and the Bestiary
  • I got more final art from the team, and did some pre-visualization
  • I got an outstanding quote from my card printer here in MN for 120-card decks in a custom box.
  • I reviewed one of the Inns and Taverns from Marshall, gave feedback, and suggested after a revision we do some Peer Review through my Patreon

Now that the project has launched, it’s “how quickly can I get the first pack of 128 creatures done, so that when we fund, I’m working stretch goals, not playing catch-up.”
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote