View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 06:33 PM   #110
Hide

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Vic looks solemnly into the firepit, "it was once my calling, tried to run away from it, to ignore it, but seems we cannot change our cards (...)
It is said we all are travelers because we all have a destination or a destiny; the destiny being not the same as fate, for fate is at our hands’ grasp, while destinations lie under our feet. That said, you might be dealt the cards of fate during the journey of your life, but you can decide path to your final destination. And perhaps this is how you ended here, despite of your cards, your feet brought you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) I'd as soon give their bodies to the earth as to the flames or the air.
I see, I guess I understand you. When it comes to the dead: It is ashes to ashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) In order to build armies. Generals and Rulers recon strength by the number of troops in their armies. I wish to counted as an army rather than as a man (...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
(...) I will tell you why and how (...) Since I have always been good, the spirits told me they could take them away and finally grant me their powers. And I agreed with them. All of those who disrespected me, disappeared. Magical powers MEOW. Hee-Hee!
Magic has always been an interesting subject to me, close but also distant, indeed. I am glad to have you here.

Everybody is taught some degree of magic at my homeland, but we generally refrain its use if we can solve the issue “the mundane way”. This does not mean everybody is magic-sensitive, but we consider magic is a phenomenon we all should understand as inevitable in our lives, although it should not be what defines us.

In other words, we are taught life is painful, that pain does not last forever and that in the end what remains is only us. So, we must experience and relief pain in the flesh and by the flesh as this is what makes us human, observing that "having it easy" with magic may only lead to our dehumanization.

The Ruins of Avalon (in my homeland) are a reminder of this.

The ancient lore holds magic led the realm to both its brightest and its darkest times, assisting the rise and the fall of the great kings of old and of the most prized cities that ever existed. Our people learned the hard way that magic speeds up the aging (not the growth) of civilizations, implying they reach their pinnacle as fast as they descent and perish.

After having this chat with his fellow delvers, Bain stands up and goes to sleep.