View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 09:04 PM   #45
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week: High Pain Threshold and Supernatural Durability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexion View Post
Perhaps a stupid question but I reread the advantage, and suddenly a question comes to mind. As I understand it, a person with SD cannot have a limb amputated or be beheaded? As long as it is above -1xHP or -5xHP? Yet when I think of the movie Jason vs. Freddy, Jason who has this advantage gets his eye out and his fingers cut off by Freddy. How do you handle it?
I'm little lost and I would like to know to use it for my next session.
Give them Unkillable 1 and regular High Pain Threshold?

Supernatural Durability is something of a patchwork of different traits, I think. If the above combo doesn't work, give us an idea of what this character is specifically like, and I'm sure someone here can help you come up with the right package.

You also can just handwave it. Would it really be that much of a deal breaker for your character to actually have this trait? Since it is supernatural by default, is it really a stretch that any crippling injuries are somehow cosmetic?

"I don't get it, we gouged out its eyes. Why does it act like it can still see?"
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote