View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 07:49 AM   #10
Nick_Greyden

Default Re: Birthright to Gurps

Well after glancing only briefly at your list, I decided to follow some of the things you already had on there and merge them with my own. Hopefully you can see what I’m trying to accomplish and thus why I’ve arranged it in such a way. Feel free to comment, I only have the minor abilities on here as of yet. I’ve lost what I’ve done with the Major and Greats but will be revamping them anyway. So this is what I have for you guys so far.

Bloodline Advantage

Name – Cost – Purchase Mod – Minor/Major/Great
Bloodline (innate)* 5 pts N/A N/A
Bloodline (weak) 10 pts N/A N/A
Bloodline (minor) 20 pts -20% 2/0/0
Bloodline (Major)** 30 pts -30% 3/1/0
Bloodline (Great)*** 40 pts -40% 3/2/1
Bloodline (True)*** 50 pts -50% 4/2/2

All of these advantages may only be purchased at the beginning of char creation. They may be bestowed by the GM at an approrate time, but the cost must be paid for unless the GM rules (houserules) otherwise. Points are simple, it’s how many points each level costs. Purchase mod is the discount of the base cost of an advantage you receive to buy a blood advantage at your current Bloodline. The number of Blood advantages you may have is dependent on how powerful your bloodline is. For example, someone with a Great Bloodline may only have 3 Minor Blood advantages, 2 Major Blood advantages, and 1 Great blood advantage. He may also purchase these advantages as they are printed below at a 40% discount.

*Must be purchased at char creation or the char is not blooded thus receives no bonus from killing someone blooded.

** Confers a Bloodmark upon the char with this level of Bloodline or above reguardless of want.

*** Not recommended to be purchaseable at char creation.

Bloodline abilities

The Bloodline abilities are derived from the God of the Blood which inhabits the person with said bloodline. Certain abilites are common amoung similar bloodlines. The stronger the bloodline, the cheaper the abilities are to buy. For minor you get a 20% discount on the base cost, major 30%, Great 40% and true 50%. The abilites purchasable under each bloodline are as follows. Those with an innate bloodline may not purchase any ability. Those marked as FREE can be taken at no cost or not taken at all with at least a weak bloodline. All discounts due to Bloodline are retroactive. Meaning that if you raise from Minor to Major bloodline, you would need to refund all points spent on those advantages and rebuy them at the new price. Do not buy new advantages, but the same ones at the reduced cost. Extra char points left over just goes to show how spiffy you are as a part of a god’s bloodline. It’s a good idea to edit the name of these advantages in GCA or on your Char sheet in a special way such as “Blood: Healing” and “Blood: Mind Sheild”.

Weak

Any
Base Cost - Ability
FREE – Animal Empathy with [totem animal]
FREE – Bloodmark

Minor

Anduiras
Base Cost – Ability
15 – Extra Will Rank 3
15 – Empathy
15 – Detect Life (Limited Use 4x - -20%, Fatigue 2 - -10%, Preparation 1 min - -20%)
18 – Healing (Cure Disease Only)
10 – Increase ST or HT by one
15 – Unfazable
15 – Long Life* Rank 1
12 – Magic Resistance Rank 4 (Can have Magery +150%)
12 – Mind Sheild Rank 3
15 – Detect Foes (hehe rare human ;-) )

Azrai
Base Cost – Ability
12 – Acute Hearing/Vision** Rank 3
15 – Innate Attack (Fagtiuge) Rank 3 (Resistable HT-3 -10%, Melee Attack Reach C -30%, Fatigueable 2-10%)
15 – Detect Life (Limited Use 4x - -20%, Fatigue 2 - -10%, Preparation 1 min - -20%)
20 – Darkvision (4x a day)
10 – Fearlessness Rank 5
15 – Long Life* Rank 1
15 – Extra Will Rank 3
15 – Detect Posion (Common 20, Fatigue 1 - -5%)
15 – Magic Resistance Rank 5 (Can have Magery)
12 - Mind Sheild Rank 3

Basaia
Base Cost – Ability
12 – Acute Hearing/Vision** Rank 3
15 – Empathy
15 – Telescopic Vision*** Rank 3
15 – Light of Dawn*
15 – Long Life* Rank 1
12 – Magic Resistance Rank 4 (Can have Magery)
12 - Mind Sheild Rank 3

Brenna
Base Cost – Ability
20 – Acute Hearing/Vision** Rank 5
20 – Wild Talent
15 – Empathy
9 – Night Vision Rank 9
15 – Long Life* Rank 1
15 – Extra Will Rank 3
12 - Mind Sheild Rank 3

Masela
Base Cost – Ability
20 – Wild Talent
15 – Empathy
10 – Absolute Direction (3-D Spatial Sense)
Unknown – Hearing and Vision not impaired by weather
15 – Long Life* Rank 1
12 - Mind Sheild Rank 3

Reynir
Base Cost – Ability
20 – Acute Hearing/Vision** Rank 5
15 – Empathy
Unknown – Forest Movement
15 – Long Life* Rank 1
12 - Mind Sheild Rank 3
15 – Extra Will Rank 3
15 – Detect Posion (Common 20, Fatigue 1 - -5%)
12 - Mind Sheild Rank 3

Vorynn
Base Cost – Ability
20 – Wild Talent
15 – Empathy
15 – Luck
15 – Long Life* Rank 1
12 - Mind Sheild Rank 3
10 – Detect Magic

* New advantage, check describtion
** Both advantages taken as one
*** This advantage should only be allowed by gaining this bloodline advantage
Nick_Greyden is offline   Reply With Quote