Thread: Art for games
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #32
Icelander

Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr
Well, the Glock 21 can carry 13 rounds (short notice, fast research), so an additional 2 rounds isn't too out of the question.
Double-stack magazine, fat grip.

You could modify a GLOCK 21 to carry 15 rounds, but it wouldn't exactly be practical or comfortable unless you had huge hands.

Quote:
They're not M1911s (I have one, it's way too small). The GM said he'd find the guns they're modified off of and send it to me. He called them Colts (so I called them "custom Colts").
As far as I know, Colt does not manufacture any pistols in .45 ACP with a double-stack magazine that could accomodate 15 rounds.

Quote:
Her pistols are weighted specifically for her, anyone else using them has a stiff penalty. And there is always recoil compensation.
Pistols with a 15 rounds of 45. ACP are going to be hefty. It's just physics. No matter for whom they are designed.

And no recoil compensator is going to make the .45 ACP managable for someone as strong as the average 13-year-old girl (I would guess), not in rapid fire (which she will probably do) with one hand and while not in a proper shooting stance.

Quote:
Hey, don't look at me, the GM gave me the stats for the guns . . . I figured she'd be using 9mm, he prefered .45 ACP. At least it's not .50 AE.
You do know that I'm nitpicking for the fun of it, right? ;)

But oddly enough, sins against plausibility do turn me against certain genres and worlds.

I can accept magic, dragons and such; as long as they are internally consistent. But setting something in a world which has evolved precisely like ours (or even purports to be like ours), but then doesn't obey the most basic physical laws, is too much for me.