View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 02:49 AM   #109
coronatiger

Default Session 27 (2019-11-03)

Thoughts on March 27th

I went out to perform on the streets after breakfast, giggling arm-in-arm with Olivia, when I spotted a pile of chopped firewood. It had been stacked against a wall, but it had toppled and was now blocking passage through the alley. I knocked on the door and informed the old man who opened. I offered to help him stack it again, and asked if he minded if I played a little first. He was glad to receive help, and explained that not many people used the alley, so there was no rush to remove the obstacles. “Have fun!”

I found two sturdy pieces of wood of about the same size and placed them on the ground at the mouth of the alley. I put one foot on each and asked Olivia for two more, specifying that they shouldn’t be too different from each other. Those went on top of the first two, making a square, from my point of view. I climbed up one level and asked for more wood.

A crowd gathered as my tower grew. I think it must have been nearly five meters tall when I decided to stop. Olivia had long since delegated the throwing to someone with stronger arms. It was taking him several tries to throw another piece of wood up to me, and I began to fear that the tower might be struck. As fragile as it was, a direct hit might collapse the entire structure. I bent over backwards and grasped the topmost sticks as I transitioned into a handstand. I bent my arms and pushed off, tossed aside the two logs I held, and twisted ninety degrees so I could land on and grab the sticks that were now on top. When the crowd had finished gasping, I repeated the process, and slowly worked my way back down towards the ground.

When the tower was about my height, I somersaulted off, landing on my feet. I bowed with a flourish, and the crowd cheered. I had no trouble recruiting help with tidying up, and I chatted with my fans while we worked. We remained there for a while afterwards, as well, Olivia and I, talking with the old man and five or six others. Eventually, it was time to go. We had skipped lunch, and I had another show at the inn after dinner. I decided to do a dancing act; my arms were pretty sore.

Thoughts on March 28th

I performed on the streets again between breakfast and lunch, wasted the tips shopping with Olivia, and had a show in the common room of the inn after dinner. Ilzo practiced reading under Va’lyndra’s tutelage.

Thoughts on March 29th

We’ve settled into a routine now. Ilzo and Va’lyndra struggled through their reading lessons while Olivia and I had fun.

Thoughts on March 30th

Va’lyndra checked in with the tanners, who claimed they needed two more days to finish their work on the hydra skin. Then she went to the docks and learned that a ship would be going north to Garuk in three days. She returned to the tannery and bribed the workers to prioritize her order.

The finished hydra skin was delivered during the finale of my evening show. Va’lyndra detected a faint magic aura and went up to her room to analyze the leather. Olivia and I followed her lead and went to get some privacy ourselves.

Thoughts on March 31st

The hydra leather was resistant to lightning, Va’lyndra whispered while we waited for breakfast to be served. She devoured the food and left in a hurry to deliver the leather to be made into armor. The work would take four days, so the armor wouldn’t be ready in time for the ship we wanted to take. Luckily, another ship leaves in four days, so if there are no delays with the leather work, we’ll catch that.

I don’t mind spending another couple of days here. I can perform for an appreciative crowd, and get to spend quality time with Olivia between shows. We’re getting back to the serious business of adventuring soon enough.

Thoughts on April 1st

I must say Ilzo is eager with the studying. I guess it’s useful to be able to read, but I’ll never have the same obsession about books that Va’lyndra has. Thank God for that. Books are dull!

Thoughts on April 2nd

Va’lyndra confirmed that her hydra leather armor is coming along on schedule, so today’s shows were the last, this time around in Urdon. A few people have shown up for most of my performances at the inn, and I took the time to thank them for the support before turning in for the night. Olivia’s presence made sure I didn’t go beyond words.

She had a treat for me when we were alone, a contortion challenge, actually. Could I undress the both of us while she grappled me? She stipulated that I wasn’t allowed to actually break free, as that would make it too easy. We both knew that my combat skills far outstrip hers, so I agreed to limit myself to acrobatics and contortion and accepted the challenge. I may not be the world’s greatest acrobat yet, but I don’t think I’m that far away. This should be easy.

Olivia jumped me, wrapping arms and legs around me, and the game was on. I kicked off my shoes, and got my pants off easily enough. Olivia wore a dress, as usual, and that should be pretty simple, so I started on my jacket. I had to do some major squirming to get it off, and Olivia slid down to the floor, gravity getting the better of her, but she still held on to my legs with both arms and legs. I failed to get her dress off, for she wedged her head between my thighs and cheated until I collapsed in spasms.

Thoughts on April 3rd

Va’lyndra fetched her leather armor. It looked a little shabby, to be honest. The stitching wasn’t nearly as fine as that on my armor. The leather was much thicker than mine, thicker than any leather armor I’ve ever seen, in fact. It definitely looked like it could take a beating.

We were on the docks in time to board the ship, and the sea folk set sail. The captain recognized me, and I offered to entertain him and the crew with acrobatic performances, as payment for passage. He accepted, but I still had to pay for Olivia and the horses. Actually, it was Olivia who paid. She’s my treasurer, as well as my treasure. She’s much more sensible around money than I am. I am the one who wasted all the tips from the performances in Urdon on treats and trinkets, although she didn’t complain about the pampering.

Thoughts on April 4th

The weather has been fine, but the grumpy captain kept complaining about the lack of wind. I practiced acrobatics and performed, as promised. The wind picked up in the evening, so it seems we’ll arrive on schedule anyway.

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is offline   Reply With Quote